Shop Orange County
Shopping local businesses are essential to a vital economy and community character. Shopping local businesses generates more tax revenue for your county and keeps your taxes lower. By choosing local businesses for your services, shopping, dining and other needs, you not only enjoy a more distinctive and personal experience, you’re helping:
- Buy local and support yourself - Several studies have shown that when you buy from a local business significantly more of your money is used to make purchases from other local businesses and service providers. Buy from Orange County businesses and continue to strengthen the economic base of our Orange County community.
- Support community groups - Nonprofit organizations receive an average of 250% more support from local business owners than do from large global businesses.
- Keep the Orange community unique - Where we shop, where we eat and have fun- all of it makes Orange County our home. Our one-of-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of Orange County. Our tourism business also benefits. “When people go on vacation they generally seek out destinations that offer them the sense of being someplace, not just any”-Richard Moe, President, National Historic Preservation Trust.
- Reduce environmental impact - Local businesses can make more local purchases requiring less transportation and generally set up shop in town or city centers as opposed to developing on the fringe. This generally means contributing less to sprawl, congestion, habitat loss and pollution. Let’s keep Orange County green!
- Create more good jobs - Local businesses are the largest employer nationally and in Orange County. Do your part to provide the most jobs to Orange County residents!
- Get better service - Local businesses often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling. These local businesses take more time to get to know their customers. Receive “world-class” service from your friends and neighbors in Orange County!
- Invest in community - Most local businesses in Orange are owned by people who live in the Orange area. These folks are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the future of Orange County!
- Put your taxes to good use - Local businesses in Orange County require comparatively little infrastructure investment and make more efficient use of public services.
- Buy what you want, not what someone wants you to buy - A marketplace of many small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term. A multitude of small businesses, each selecting products based not on a national sales plan but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices in Orange County!
- Encourage local prosperity - Economic research shows that in a global world we live in today, entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that preserve their one-of-kind businesses and distinctive character. Together, let’s grow Orange County!